Every star is born; it shines till and more after twilight…
“Arunodhay, beta, get up get up… we need to get down in the next
station.” It was Nirmaya, his mother. She is in her late twenties, blonde, slim
and charming. Arunodhay is her only son, a very energetic and charismatic
boy.He must be studying in upper kindergarten. Last night he was the point of
attention of everyone in my compartment. He put laughter on every one of us
with his magic wand of cute naughtiness. Tomorrow is his 05th birthday. His
family is going to his grandparents to celebrate the birthday.
I was in very deep sleep. I don’t remember when did our journey
started but I know we started from the station ‘Horizon of earth’. Other than
Arunodhay and his mother, a teacher family and a newly married couple joined me
in the same compartment. Mr. and Mrs. Rabindranath Roy had put up their whole
life teaching at various colleges. They didn’t have any children, may be that’s
why Mrs. Roy was very joyous to see Arunodhay. She gave him chocolates and
bought toys from stations. He, though politely thanked them, dumped all those
with Nirmaya and continued his prance. At times Mrs. Roy put on some tears and
glanced at her husband. Mr. Roy sat emotionless. An uncertain expression of
satisfaction for putting up a purposeful life was covering his face all-time.
“Ryan, see him. We need a kid like him na?” Aneeta, the newly
married bride. Ryan nodded with a smile and Aneeta held his hands tight. The
couple is married a week ago. They left home for celebrating their honeymoon.
On the way, they took this train and joined us. It was very nostalgic for me to
see them. My wedding days, honeymoon, my wife Priya and our daughter Parineeti,
all crossed my eyes in a blink. I work at an oil-rig. Parineeti’s birthday is
just a week ahead. It is her first birthday and Priya will kill me if I don’t
reach for the celebration.
Train has stopped; every one started walking towards the door.
None of them carried any luggage; I looked around but I could not find my
luggage too. I ran to the exit in hurry. I need to catch a bus and reach home
at the earliest for my daughter’s birthday. I saw none of the people were in
hurry like me. Everyone knew where they are going, and moved to the exit of
railway station calmly. I saw two buses were standing there. I checked the
board of first bus, ‘Hell way roads’, I thought not this. I checked the second
bus, ‘Valleys of Heaven’. I was in doubt; but I found all my compartment mates
are sitting in the bus. I also climbed and took the seat near to Nirmaya.
Arunodhaywas sleeping in her lap.
“Hi, Nirmaya, Arunodhay is a very cute boy.”
“Thank You, Surjay.”
I smiled. But a current passed through me. I didn’t remember my
name. I checked my wallet, but it was empty. There was no proof of my identity
and no money. I am falling in a dilemma.
“Nirmaya, Where are you going?”
“We all are going together, to Arunodhay’s grandparents.”
“Arunodhay’s grandparents! Why? My daughter Parineeti’s birthday
is next week. If I don’t reach in time Priya will fire me. Tell me where your
husband is?”
“Surjay you forgot him so soon?”
I forgot him !… how I forgot him? Did I know him? Who is he? Who
am I?
Yes. Yes I knew him. Lord! The train journey wasn’t real, though
it was real till last night. The train collapsed in dark. We all are dead.
Nirmaya’s husband must have survived. Arunodhay is going to his grandparents
for celebrating his birthday. I have no identity and no money; I am going back
as I came. Mr. Roy’s expression was right. Priya will surely fire me.
My Lord! Wish Parineeti a very happy birthday blessings for me…
Tell every kid in this world who lost their parents on behalf of us, that we
miss them too… Surprise our kids always with a precious gift… though no gift can
hid their tears.
No comments:
Post a Comment